Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heads or Tails ~ Down On The Farm

.

I am participating in the Heads or Tails Meme for the first time this week. I think it looks really fun!

Today's topic is Down on the Farm. As a girl who grew up on a farm, this one is not all that hard. I miss living on a farm and dream of the day when we can move the family to our own little rural paradise. I think growing up around animals is good for children. It sure makes for some wonderful childhood memories.

When I think of the farm, so many thoughts come to mind. I think of helping harvest peanuts, running barefoot down country roads, chasing fireflies, eating big chunks of juicy watermelon in the front yard, and catching catfish out of the stock tank. In my mind I see myself trompin' through the mud in my boots, holding my grandpa's hand as we head out to get on the tractor. I see myself in the kitchen with my grandma putting up pickles. I see the horrified look on my DH's face when he had to help cut calves the first time. I see the delight on my toddler's face as he chases toads under the bug zapper in the evening. Yes, some of these may seem strange to non country folk, but they are all sweet memories to me. Life on the farm is something I terribly miss!

5 comments

Mom Knows Everything said...

I've never known of anyone who grew peanuts. That's pretty neat!

Barb said...

Everything you described sounds like dreams I have of a lifestyle someday. Some of it reminds me of carefree childhood days. I remember snapping beans and peas with my grandma. We boiled our peanuts. I think it was the law in Florida. :P

Welcome to Heads Or Tails. I hope you can play again. :)

Karen said...

What a wonderful post. I felt as if I was on the farm enjoying your pleasant memories.

Tumblewords: said...

Nice post. I can recall a few similar memories but surely none about raising peanuts! Enjoyed the read.

Sue said...

Lovely post! You may life on the farm sound like a lot of fun :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment